Return of the Bourgeoisie
Celebrating the fashion revival of the bourgeois codes of the 70s, Mavala launches its NEW A/W 2019 nail collection: Retro. Bringing out the ultra-modern and ultra-chic side of retro style, the collection consists of six easy to wear and complimentary shades: Abu Dhabi, Maputo, Tunis, Quito, Karachi and Bruxelles.
Verging on the popular of kitsch, the collection has a hint of British charm with a nostalgic nod to tartans, checked fabrics, dogtooth and thigh-high boots. Adding a touch of elegance to the sober and discreet shades of the autumn season, the collection has a resolutely sophisticated but urban look. The new collection showcases the brand’s new longer lasting formula.
Named after some of the world’s most striking cities, Mavala’s Retro Collection encapsulates autumn across the globe.
The Retro Collection:
- Abu Dhabi – an intense white, taking influence from the immaculate dome of an oriental palace bathed in blazing sun
- Maputo – a deep brown, with terracotta reflections of an enigmatic savannah
- Tunis – a beige tinged with ochre, like the burning desert sun
- Quito – a deep and shimmering red, at times bewitching like the light of an equatorial sky
- Karachi – an ultra-violet, slightly luminescent treasure
- Bruxelles – a timeless grey providing reassuring softness in the middle of winter
The new Retro Collection is enhanced by using Mavala’s Gel Finish Top Coat, which will leave nails with a quick-setting ultra-glossy gel finish.